Selection of a suitable lubricant and method of lubrication is important in order to ensure proper functioning and reduce friction, what affect the usage of single equipment components.
When selecting the correct lubricant, check the operating conditions and the way of application. The main criteria for which should be paid attention by selecting grease are:
- a dynamic viscosity, which determines the resistance of grease while moving along the surface of the elements,
- kinematic viscosity – the ability to permanently adhering to the surface,
- freezing point and flash point,
- the temperature drop (for grease) at which the grease begins to melt,
- resistance to aging, which describes the frequency of relubrication.
- industrial oils,
- washing and preservation measures.